Sunday, June 13, 2010

Successful Workshop!

Yesterday, I got to teach my first beading workshop since 2005 and it went great! The workshop was held at June Bugs Checkered Cupboard in Picayune, MS and was organized by 2 wonderful ladies: Gerry of Clay Designs by Glee and June of June Bugs.  Gerry has her work and beading supplies for sale in June's shop.  I got to meet and teach a great group of women; we worked all day on the Jeweled Honeycomb Bracelet.  A couple of the ladies figured out how to make the bracelet reversible with a different color on each side.  Another of my beaders had an interesting variation on the round part of the toggle clasp that I want to incorporate into a design.

A few of the ladies hard at work. Clockwise from left: Estelle, Barbara, Evelyn, Gerry.  
Missing from the photo: Sidney, Laura, June, Alice

I hope to post photos of some of their finished bracelets for show and tell in the near future! 

No comments: