Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beads and Hurricanes

I had to break down and clean up my studio area this weekend (or at least started to!).  I came across a bracelet I made during Hurricane Gustav 2 yrs ago.



It's made using two-needle right angle weave in a bargello inspired pattern. Gustav was a very mild hurricane compared to Katrina. There was some coastal flooding with minimal damage and we only lost power for a couple of hours.  I did get the day off of work so of course I needed a beading project to keep me occupied and this is what I came up with.  It has a pleasing colorway and overall shape but is very 2 dimensional. I haven't been able to come up with any really good ways to add more interest to it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I've been very wary of hurricanes since Katrina and have come to dread the start of every new hurricane season.  Hopefully we will be lucky again this year.  You can see the damage to our house from Katrina here:  devastation and repair--exterior and interior.  And to think we were LUCKY!

No comments: