Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

This weekend was absolutely beautiful!  We (mostly my husband) planted an early garden and most everything has sprouted and is starting to grow.  Very exciting!!!!!  We put in spinach, lettuce, beets, Swiss chard, carrots, green onions, snow peas, and kohlrabi.  My husband thinned the lettuce this weekend and I got to eat the little sprouts-- first greens from the garden!

 Paul thinning the lettuce.

 Scarlett standing guard for squirrels.

 First salad of little sprouts. Yum!

On the beading front: I've been super busy at my work and haven't had as much time as I would have liked this last week for creativity.  I did manage to finally finish the bracelet made out of hexagonal components.  I've decided to call it "Jeweled Honeycomb".  Bees make perfect hexagonal compartments in their combs to store the honey and this bracelet reminds me of the richness of honey and perfection of natural structures. Hexagons fit together with out cracks and are quite common in nature: quartz crystals, basalt columns, wasp nets, snowflakes, the scutes on a turtles shell, etc.

Jeweled Honeycomb bracelet

Jeweled Honeycomb bracelet

I started a new project today that I'm really excited about.  It has a distinct Art Deco flare and is more architectural than my usual work.  Kind of a new direction for me!   Stay posted for photos : )


No comments: